Thursday, February 23, 2006

Rip Van Winkle?

It's been a long time since I've last posted. I guess life has been keeping me busy or my busy life has me kept. Whatever, it's been a long time. We have much new to tell.

For those of you who don't already know. I've started a new job working for a solo practitioner. We have a great office near Pike Place Market with a wonderful view of Puget Sound and the aging Alaskan Way viaduct. It's a huge improvement from my last job. Without a doubt. The market is such a great place to explore and there are so many good mom and pop type shops that I enjoy being a regular at. Drop me a line if you want any good lunch suggestions.

Also, Finn has started sleeping in a toddler bed this week. He was very excited from the moment Jinnah and I brought the bed home. He exclaimed, "Yea, yea, yea!" Oh yeah, he's talking up a storm these days. His vocabulary is impressive, but the best part is that we can understand each other when we communicate. He asks for things he wants by name and even says "please." Anyway, about the bed, he helped me set it up and put it together with his little plastic baby tools, while I used the real things. He turned imaginary screws and tightened imaginary nuts and bolts with great determination and pride. When the frame was together he got his blanket off his crib and laid it out on the wooden frame. As soon as the matress was in place he hopped on and streatched out with a hug satisfied smile on his face. It's almost as if it unlocked some psychological door to "the next level" and he walked right through it.

No comments: