Thursday, April 06, 2006

Bath time


I can't figure out how to wash Finn's hair without making him scream and try to climb out of the tub. I try to talk him through it and be as gentle as possible but every time he acts like I'm trying to drown him. I wet his hair and shampoo it and then pour the cup over his head from the back so it doesn't run down his face too much, but he still hates it. I used to just do it as quick as possible to limit his suffering, but that meant just pouring as much water over his head as quickly as possible to wash all the soap out. We even bought the special shampoo rinse cup thing, but now as soon as he sees it he wants out of the tub. I don't know what would help. Maybe we'll just hose him off out back. Does anyone have any advice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have him take a shower with you and let him wash his own hair. It might work and pretty soon he'll want to wash his own hair in the tub, too.